Types of information collected
We collect the following information:
- identification, including name and user identification, Internet Protocol (IP) address, other metadata contained in communications you send to us;
- contact information, including email address, physical address, telephone number, fax number;
- information about a product, such as product name, product key, order number, operating system, for example in a request for technical support;
- messages you send to us, for example, a product inquiry;
- information necessary to verify eligibility to use a Website service or to facilitate dealings or transactions, such as your company information, job title, investor type;
- information necessary to apply for a job, such as work history and education history;
- any other information you voluntarily provide to the Company or Company personnel through one of our Websites; and
Sources for collecting the information
We collect such information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, when you contact or request information from the Company including via our Websites, when you create a user account, or when you apply for a job.
- Third Parties, including Service Providers. For example, your internet service provider, service providers that you authorize to provide information about you; and/or service providers that the Company uses and other third parties that the Company chooses to collaborate or work with.
- Using cookies and automatic collection methods. The Company and its service providers may collect information from the computer, tablet, phone, or other device that you use to access our Websites, or that you use to open an email from the Company. The Company does not respond to “do not track signals.”
Purposes for collecting the information
We collect, use, retain, and disclose your personal information for the purposes described below. We reserve the right to update or amend this Policy at any time, without notice, to update, add, or remove the purposes for which the Company uses personal information:
- To provide you with our services, such as to: use the Websites; process, maintain and service your account(s);
- Register an account, manage user relationship, and communicate with you;
- Measure user engagement with the Websites;
- Handle and record consumer rights requests, including opt-ins and opt-outs;
- Monitor, protect and improve the Company’s security assets and resources, including devices, systems, customer data, intellectual property, infrastructure, and network, conduct investigations and respond to or pursue legal actions or complaints;
- Administer our employment, contracting, business, or other relationship with you or on your behalf; and
- Comply with laws, regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders and legal processes.
Sharing of the information
We disclose the above categories of personal information to the following categories of third parties for a business purpose, in some cases as directed by you. For example, in the preceding 12 months, the Company has disclosed your information to:
- Corporate Affiliates. For example, our corporate affiliates may share business processes and common data systems.
- Third parties and service providers that provide products or services to us. For example, companies that help us support our Websites, or that provide services to you. The Company may use third parties or service providers to help with auditing interactions and transactions with you, addressing security, fixing errors, helping us with advertising or marketing, maintaining accounts and providing customer service, helping with our internal research, and verifying service quality or safety.
- Government authorities. For example, tax authorities, safety and health authorities, law enforcement, and the like in accordance with applicable local laws and regulations.
Location of data
The personal information collected through the Websites may be downloaded to servers located in the United States and other countries maintained by service providers under contract with the Company.
Our Websites are not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone we know to be under 16.
If you have any questions or requests regarding the Company’s collection, use, and sharing of your data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Region-specific supplemental notices
While the above disclosure applies to all users, each of the following sections is ONLY applicable to users in a specific geographic region. As such, they may or may not be applicable to you. To the extent that any region-specific section is applicable to you, please read the relevant section as a supplement to the privacy disclosures above.